On October 13, 2020, Anna Gressel and Avi Gesser from Debevoise’s Data Strategy and Security Group, along with their special guest, Jon Godfread, North Dakota Commissioner of Insurance and Chair of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Artificial Intelligence Working Group, had an insightful conversation concerning the NAIC AI Working Group’s Principles on Artificial Intelligence, including:
- Implementing systematic risk management for AI,
- Governance mechanisms for compliance with existing and future regulations,
- Avoiding “proxies” in underwriting that could negatively affect protected classes,
- Diligence on third-party AI vendors, and
- Transparency challenges in AI-driven underwriting.
To receive an on-demand recording of the webcast, click here.
To subscribe to the Data Blog, please click here.
To see our previous AI-related webcasts, click here.